June 17, 2020
Thanking you for continuing to support the ministries and activities of our church. We ask you to continue praying for our church as we move through steps to get back to a new normal.
Mark June 28, 2020, on your calendar as the day that we are planning to come back together and worship in person. We are excited to welcome you back and we look forward to worshiping together for the first time in quite a while. Look for lots of excitement and welcomes and virtual hugs for now. We will only have our main 11 am worship service on June 28th. We are still planning on how we will return to classes and other activities.
I want you to know that we are planning and doing everything that we can to make our return to in-person services be as safe as possible. Facilities are being cleaned and all common surfaces will be sanitized before and after every service.
Please be aware of the following points and make sure that you are comfortable before you make the decision to return. We will continue to stream our services even after we start meeting together again.
- If you are sick or experiencing any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, please stay home and take care of yourself.
- Enter the church through the main entrance. All other doors will be locked so that we can maintain the security and cleanliness of our facilities. Most areas of the church will be closed off except the sanctuary and main restrooms.
- Practice social distancing at all times. If you find yourself waiting in line, please allow 6 feet between your family and others. Pews will be marked to help with spacing. Please follow greeters or signage instructions for seating. You may want to arrive a few minutes early to get your seat.
- Please understand good hand hygiene and use available hand sanitizer as you enter or leave the facilities.
- Please wear a mask or face covering. Disposable masks will be provided if you need one. Everyone except those under age 2 should wear a mask or face covering while in the building and potentially around other people. Those leading in the service may remove their mask while leading in worship.
- All pew items (hymnals, Bibles, envelopes, paper & pencils) have been removed. Please bring your own Bible or paper if you want to take notes.
- Offering plates will be available before the service for collecting your offering. Please continue to give your offerings online or be prepared to give your offering as you enter the service.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. We want to make sure that we can make everyone comfortable with the steps being taken to safely return to worship. If you have any reservations at all, I encourage you to continue to worship remotely until such time that you are ready to return.
Our church office has reopened on a limited basis, but we are still asking you not to come into the church unless you have specific business there. Please continue to contact us through email, phone calls, or text. Committees should continue to meet virtually.
Please remember to continue supporting our church. Members are encouraged to give through our online giving platform at https://mbcnc.org/give/. Helping our church to stay financially stable is critical during this time.
Thank you for continuing to be the Church wherever you are and I look forward to seeing you real soon.
Thanks and God Bless,