June 24, 2020
It is almost here. We are excited about the opportunity for us to start meeting again in-person at 11 AM this Sunday. I know that some of you are not ready to return and we ask you to please continue to worship with us on Facebook or our church website until you are ready to return.
We are doing everything we can to ensure that our return to in-person services is safe. You will notice many precautions have been put in place to mitigate the risks of spreading the virus. I realize that some of you may not feel that all of these precautions are necessary, but we need everyone to do all you can to not only protect yourself but to protect one another as well. With this in mind we ask everyone to follow these guidelines:
- If you are sick or have been around anyone experiencing any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, please stay home and take care of yourself. We will be taking contactless temperatures before entry.
- Only enter the church through the main entrance. All other doors will be locked so that we can maintain the security and cleanliness of our facilities. Most areas of the church will be closed off except the sanctuary and main restrooms.
- Practice social distancing at all times. Please allow a minimum of 6 feet between your family and others. Every other pew will be closed to help with spacing. Please follow greeters or signage instructions for seating. You may want to arrive a few minutes early to get your seat.
- We have implemented a “no-touch” policy which means that hand-shaking and hugging should not take place. Instead welcome people with big smiles, air hugs, and waves.
- Please understand good hand hygiene. Greeters will dispense hand sanitizer for each person entering or leaving the building.
- Please wear a mask or face covering. Disposable masks will be provided if you need one. Everyone except those under age 2 should wear a mask or face covering while in the building. Those leading in the service may remove their mask while leading in worship.
- All pew items have been removed. Please bring your own Bible or paper if you want to take notes.
- Offering plates will be available before the service for collecting your offering. Please continue to give your offerings online or be prepared to give your offering as you enter the service.
We want to make everyone comfortable with the steps being taken to safely return to worship. These plans and guidelines have been developed using multiple resources from the CDC, NCDHHS, NC Baptists, Georgia Baptists, NCCUMC, other churches, and various private and media reports. If you have any reservations at all, I encourage you to contact me and to continue to worship remotely until such time that you are ready to return.
Whether we’re gathered on campus, or connected online, we are the Church, and we’re going to continue to Love God and Love people while we’re on this mission together! Thank you for continuing to be the Church wherever you are and I hope to see you live and in-person real soon.
Thanks and God Bless,